I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 26, 2012

Victory and Destiny

From the Golden Dawn Tarot, the Six of Wands:
The wand suit is about the energy and courage of doing; the number six tells me that there has been a struggle, but now balance has been restored.  Two hands hold six wands, but they do not grasp them in a fist.  Instead they use the pressure of each hand to keep the wands in place.  Such an open palm reflects being able to give and receive equally.  No one is trying to take all the credit for successfully steadying the situation that was out of hand.  And with flames burning at both ends (as in "burning the candle at both ends"), it makes sense to have help.  Who cares who gets to claim a victory?  Most regular people like me don't, they just want to return to peace after chaos.

     From The Circle deck, "Destiny:"
I struggle with the concept of destiny, because I like to believe I have control over all aspects of my life.  Yet I realize I didn't choose my DNA, my parents, or the place of I was born.  And I also know life has and will throw some curveballs at me that are not in my list of "daily dos."  I can make plans and have goals, but I will still have to deal with life on life's terms.  I don't know what destiny is in that crystal ball for me, but I do know I have control over my attitude in facing whatever comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment