I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Putting It Out There

In today's card from the Millennium 2000 Tarot, Pablo Picasso was chosen to represent the Knight of Pentacles:
Though adept at many creative styles, this Spanish artist is most known for co-founding Cubism.  Like this practical knight, Picasso was able to bring his ideas into physical form.  But his artwork was at times used for more than visual enjoyment, as in the case of his painting Guernica.  Created in response to the bombing of this town during the Spanish Civil War, it portrays the tragedies of war and the suffering it inflicts, especially on innocent civilians.  I am reminded by this daily draw that we all have gifts - whether speaking, writing, photography, or some other talent - that can be used as a call to action or an act of compassion.  I often tell myself and others that I am a "jack of all trades and master of none," and rarely acknowledge my abilities.  I would like to say this habit is born of humility, but I think somewhere underneath is a fear that if I have a talent, I have a responsibility to use it.

     From the Post Psychedelic Cyberpunk deck today was pulled the card titled "Information Exchange:"
This image makes me think of biology class discussing osmosis (the diffusion of fluids through membranes).  The information exchange in a sense is about diffusion - the spreading of something more widely.  It encourages communication and connections with others, creating a powerful network that can become an agent of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment