I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Opening New Channels

The card chosen today from Waking the Wild Spirit is Eight of Water / Pollution (Eight of Cups):
Three nature spirits focus on a polluted stream in which the fish are dying.  The trash and the lack of movement in the water represent spiritual and emotional stagnation.  There is sadness here, but not the kind that results in apathy.  Instead, it motivates a person to create new channels that will allow fresh inspiration to flow in.  After being with the group of women yesterday (who were friends in the past), I realize it is up to me to find my own emotional and spiritual fulfillment.  I'm going to have to get out of my comfortable little niche and find new sources that will stimulate and encourage me to grow.  It doesn't mean I have to ignore what I've learned, but I must begin moving onward in a different direction.

     I pulled "The Lady of the Cauldron" from the Celtic Shaman's Pack this morning:
The woman on this card represents Ceridwen, keeper of the Cauldron of Inspiration and Transformation.  The serpents she holds represent changes, and the hen and bee represent the fertilization of creativity.  Add a few drops of wisdom and passion, and the result is a makeover of major proportion.  The Lady of the Cauldron takes my labels and familiar routines and tosses them in the boiling pot.  She forces me to become fluid, to shape-shift myself into new ideas and roles.  I may run, but I can't hide - the time for my initiation and transformation has come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment