I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crossing Boundaries

This morning from the Tarot of Durer comes the Seven of Swords:
A group of men, holding their weapons high, give chase to a fox who has been helping herself to their hens and eggs.  The fox pauses beside a single blue flower as the men continue down the hill on the other side.  Blue flowers symbolize faithfulness and loyalty (which is why brides in the West carry "something blue" down the wedding aisle).  Generally this card implies something underhanded going on, which makes sense with the fox, but why put a blue flower next to this animal?  But what if she is a mom with kits, and has been stealing food in order to provide for her family?  She is then being loyal to them.  I would judge this situation differently depending on whose shoes (or paws) I'm in at the time.  Today I will look carefully at my motivations, and endeavor not to violate others' rights with my self-will and wants.

     The draw from the Philosopher's Stone deck today is "Composure:"
Talk about being "in your face!"  This group of rocks are so close to the stone man, his face is in their shadow.  I think some folks cross those personal space boundaries just to intimidate.  Will the stone man lose his cool, or choose the emotionally mature option of just walking away from the situation?  For me, there is an instinctive reaction to push back, to step on the liberties of others who have crossed a line with me.  But does that actually help, or does it just make me a carbon copy of them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment