I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Kind of Vision

The card chosen from the Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot today is the Page of Water / Fortune Teller (Page of Cups):

...truths hang like smoke in the air all around...
The Page of Cups/Water is a sensitive, intuitive soul.  She picks up on the feelings of others or the vibes in a room long before anyone opens their mouth.  People think she is a sweet person because she does kind things; they don't realize her perceptive antennae have enabled her to pick up their need for a little extra care.  The problem with empathic people like her is sometimes they forget that most folks don't have her ability to pick up on others' signals.  As a result, she can have her feelings hurt because no one gives her the time of day when she's suffering.  It is important to remember that I need to tell others what's inside my head and heart, rather than expecting them to use psychic powers to figure things out.

     From the Celtic Shaman's Pack today comes the card "The Circle of Nine:"

Lead me from the unreal to the Real ~ Upanishads
The Celts believed in three realms - the upper world, the middle world, and the lower world, all connected by the great tree of life.  This image of standing stones guarding an entrance way represents the middle world - the earthly place where we live. Yet the Celts knew of "thin" places in this world, where one could part the veil and see the spiritual interwoven with the material.  There are brief times when I am saturated in the present moment, while I'm aware that there is something more than what my eyes can see and my hands can touch.  Time stands still, and I understand that there is a mystery much greater than my human brain can comprehend.     

No comments:

Post a Comment