I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's a Process

  This morning's draw from the Illuminated Tarot is the Ten of Cups:
This card always makes me think of the fairy-tale ending, "And they lived happily ever after."  Yea, well that is not my experience with my neurotic little family this morning.  The only way this image would mirror my day so far is if all those cups are filled with tears, the man is holding onto the woman's waist to keep her from running away, and the one kid is trying to sling the other over a cliff.  Now that would sum up things nicely.  Okay, deep breath...  The tens represent completion, and arriving at this point in the cups suit requires moving through potential (ace), commitment (two), celebration (three), discontent (four), loss (five), nostalgia (six), fantasy (seven), departure (eight), and satisfaction (nine).  I guess sometimes you have to weather a lot of storms to get to the rainbow...

     The Dreaming in Color draw for today is "Nurturing:"
 
The colors here make me think of softness, warmth and gentleness.  There is no rushing, no demands or extremes.  Psychologist Virginia Satir is credited with stating: "Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family. "  Respect, tolerance, communication and flexibility will be my watchwords today.

No comments:

Post a Comment