I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Getting a Grip on Emotions

The card pulled from the Rosetta deck this morning is the Prince (Knight) of Cups:
This fellow is Air of Water; in other words, he is a combination of intellect and emotion.  He's as much a philosopher as a romantic, and desires a partner he can love as well as carry on an intelligent conversation with.  But there's a secretive side to him too; like the gastropod whose shell he rides in, he hides away part of himself.  He can be a bit mysterious and unpredictable - like a soda bottle that looks fine on the outside but spews everywhere when you open the cap.  Similar to the Chariot, this card emphasizes becoming a master of one's emotions using logic (eagle) and intuition (snake).  I don't have to repress my feelings, but I do need to learn to use them wisely.

     From the Ascension to Paradise oracle, the "Tern" card was drawn:
These long-distance travelers are part of the gull family, but they are smaller and more graceful than gulls.  They offer a "graceful passage toward a required destination."  The clear quartz crystals in this image remind me that having a specific intention or goal is helpful as well as a calm demeanor (still water), if I want my path to be a smooth one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment