I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 6, 2012

All Shall Be Well (With a Few Rules)

The last draw from the Rosetta Tarot this week is the Emperor:
The compass behind this emperor's head and the honeycomb pattern on his chain mail shirt speak volumes.  While his counterpart, the Empress, is pure emotion and giving, he is pure logic and discipline.  He knows that his mate must have some boundaries, or her over-abundance of generosity will lead to chaos.  He adds structure and rules to her unbridled compassion to keep his society healthy.  His appearance after my emotional day yesterday points clearly to my lack of boundaries.  As much as I want to give to others, there needs to be a limit, otherwise neither of us will make progress.

     From the Ascension to Paradise deck today comes the "Broadbill:"
These colorful birds are found in the tropical forests of Asia and Africa.  They are unusual in that they don't fly off in a panic when something uncommon happens, such as a loud noise.  Their message is to look at the big picture with calm understanding, rather than flipping out over all the small details.  As Julian of Norwich said, "All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well."  Now if I can just move my intellectual understanding of this philosophy into my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment