I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Convincing Others

This week I'll be using the Jolanda Tarot created by Hans Arnold.  The draw for today is the Seven of Wands:
A woman holds a torch aloft and grips a club in her other hand as a snarling lion confronts her.  Another lion and a lioness stand behind her, seeming to be friendly.  The Seven of Wands is usually about standing up for yourself, and proving wrong your naysayers.  But it is rare to convince others with only words.  One tactic is to give concrete examples of things you've accomplished in the past - "See these giant stalks of asparagus?  I told you I could be a good farmer!"  And if that's not enough, she wears a wrap made from a leopard's skin, clearly showing she's not afraid to face any challenges that come her way.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is Bird Signs, written by G.G. Carbone and illustrated by Mary Ruzicka.  Today's bird is the "Quail - Trust:"
Bobwhite quails spend most of their time in small groups (coveys) on the ground foraging for food.  They sleep in a wagon wheel format, with tails pointing to the center, allowing an easy take-off if a predator approaches.  Being part of any group requires trust of those involved.  But before I can ask anyone else to trust me, I must first have confidence in myself and my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment