I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Choosing Objectivity

Today's card from the Picture Postcard Tarot is the Two of Wands:
The Two of Wands card represents a doorway - a choice to stay with what one knows or the choice to change.  There can be no fence-straddling here, or I will do nothing but waste energy and accomplish nothing.  A decision needs to be made, and hopefully I will take this couple's advice and look at the big picture before choosing.  If I rely only on my emotions, my fear might prevent me from making a new start, or my excitement may make me act without thinking things through.  An objective look will be helpful.

     The card chosen from the Steps to Serenity oracle this morning is "Tolerance:"

"We have begun to regard the troublesome ones not a menaces, but rather as our teachers.  They oblige us to cultivate patience, tolerance, and humility."
~ As Bill Sees It
Anyone who has ever stood beneath a tree full of cawing crows knows they are as hard to ignore as highly opinionated people.  The arrogance and rigid thinking of these people can test my patience and tolerance.  Yet these are my teachers; in order to learn tolerance, I must have someone to tolerate.  May I be a willing student...

No comments:

Post a Comment