I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 28, 2011

What's on Your Mind?

The card chosen today from the Hoi Polloi Tarot is the Magician:
With his wand pointing upward, this magician uses his other hand to not only point downward, but to the pentacle on the table.  Both the pentacle and his green robe represent the material world; his upward hand and his headband are associated with the realm of thought and the role it plays in what manifests in my life.  I may find it hard to see the connection between what I focus on and my reality in my own life, but when I look at friends and family it seems clear.  Those who are full of gratitude and have an optimistic bent seem to have more to be thankful for, while those who see the bad in everyone and every situation seem to find that as well.  Today I will attempt to be more mindful of my thoughts - the one thing I know I have the power to change.

     The card pulled from the I Ching deck today is the combined trigrams of "Earth over Thunder:"
A man who started on a journey looks back at his home, rethinking his decision because of the inclement weather.  The keywords associated with this image are "turning back."  Underlying all cycles and developments is a consistent rhythm.  I can't rush the sunrise or the change in seasons.  Sometimes I must relax and wait.  My rush to action may be based on a negative point of view - my attitude will be responsible for the problems created.  Someone once told me I could always start my day over with a fresh outlook, no matter what time it was.  I can choose to turn back, reposition my thoughts, and make a new start.  Only then will my journey yield positive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment