I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tangible Offerings

The draw from the Tarot of the Crone today is the Grandmother of Disks:

This older woman holding the chocolate cake reminds me of the grandmother I grew up with.  She was not overly affectionate; I didn't receive many hugs or kisses from her.  But my grandmother did kind and thoughtful things (like cutting the crust off my sandwiches which I refused to eat as a child) and spent time with me (which is how I became an avid bird watcher).  Having lived through the depression, she was very resourceful - nothing was wasted, including those crusts which she fed to the birds.  There are many ways to nurture others, and she did it in tangible ways.  The verse for this card says: I build love into this world with gifts from my hands.  Sums up my grandmother rather nicely.

     The dragon card chosen from the Transforming Dragons deck this morning is "Sontigo:"
The traps of this dragon are preoccupation and worry.  It encourages me to learn that caring for another person doesn't mean I must be obsessed with finding a solution to all his or her problems.  That is a shortcut to becoming an emotional wreck.  Like the grandmother above, I can give gifts out of love, but trying to "fix" another person or their situation is an impossibility.  Yes, everyone needs a helping hand sometimes, but it doesn't mean I need to carry them around on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment