I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Protecting and Acting on Inspirations

Pulled from the Hezicos Tarot this morning is the Seven of Rods:
This elf holds his rod across his body in a defensive maneuver, rather than upright in an offensive move.  This card reminds me that standing up for myself doesn't mean I need to attack someone in the process.  I can state my case without belittling someone else or their ideas.  The elf's cap is an acorn's cupule, designed to hold and protect the seed during its maturation and growth.  I too need to protect the creative ideas or goals I hold until they have fully matured.

     The Way of the Horse card drawn this morning is "Lightning Horse:"
As lightning streaks across the night sky, it traces the outline of a horse.  The gift of this card is a flash of inspiration; its challenge is the dedication and effort needed to manifest this idea.  Like lightning, inspiration can leave as quickly as it comes.  If I am going to see its potential become reality, I must take action.  Putting it on the back burner is like putting a pot of water on the stove to boil while I take care of other tasks.  When I finally think about it, all the water has evaporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment