I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 6, 2011

In the Mind's Eye

From the Tarot of the Crone today comes the Ace of Swords:
This card makes me think of the phrase "in the mind's eye," the gift we humans have of visual mental imagery.  The sword suit makes me see with lucidity, cutting away what is assumption or fluff and leaving only truth.  Lorenzi-Prince calls this card the "root power of the mind;" such thought can allow me to think from a fresh perspective and create original ideas and solutions.  Yet to be useful, I must take the potential here and apply it in the real world...

     The card drawn from the Transforming Dragons deck this morning is "Koscao:"
This dragon represents being unresponsive and apathetic to one's life.  I must admit that over the past couple of week's this feeling has been wrapped around me like a cloak.  The problem is that it is so easy to get comfortable in this cloak, I may never want to get out of it, no matter how miserable I feel.  If life has lost its spice, I can't rely on others to make me feel better by giving me happiness or excitement.  I alone am responsible for finding something new or fresh that will motivate and inspire me, that will make me willing to throw off this horrid cloak...

No comments:

Post a Comment