I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 21, 2011

Honesty: the First Step in Healing

The card drawn today from the Hezicos Tarot is the Seven of Swords:
The pink trees bending in the wind and the dark storm clouds emphasize the ominous warning of this card.  This elf seems to be sneaking away with a few swords, which tells me there is some sort of manipulation or deceit going on here.  His right foot steps on to a piece of earth that seems to be breaking away from the main land, implying that this action will cause a breaking between himself and another, whether a person or a group.  Sevens deal with making a choice, and this time the decision looks like there will be some consequences that could be irreparable.  I've had the feeling for the past few days that a friend of mine has not been honest with me, that she is putting on a show to hide what is going on in her life.  She has complained for years about being in abusive relationships, but continues to go back to them.  I have told her that's the definition of insanity - repeating the same thing and expecting different results, but she continues to repeat the pattern.  In my opinion, something is not always better than nothing...

        The oracle card pulled from the Way of the Horse this morning is "Keeper of the Mysteries:"
A dove and a dolphin rise from the hands of a horse-headed goddess; behind her, water flows into a canyon.  The gift of this card is peace and healing; its challenge is in reclaiming the power that was taken from us.  In working with women over the past years, as well as in my own personal life, I have seen how trauma can affect us and keep us trapped.  Behavior that was used to survive in the past often becomes set in concrete as an adult.  We repeat these harmful patterns, refusing to see the chaos they cause in our lives.  But even when I understand what underlies my actions, I must make a conscious effort to make different choices and take different actions.  Only then will the healing begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment