I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Decisions, Decisions...

The card drawn from the Hezicos Tarot this morning is the Two of Swords:
A rather sad-looking elf stands at a divide in the road, not knowing which one to travel.  I do hate "either/or" choices, and it looks like this fellow eventually has to make one.  One road leads to a mountain that has unusual tree houses on it, while the other seems more solitary.  The elf holds the swords crossed over his heart, hoping to keep his emotions out of this decision.  I can't help but think of Robert Frost's last stanza in "The Road Not Taken:"
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
     The card chosen from the Way of the Horse deck this morning is "Intuition:"
From the shadow of one horse emerges another.  The gift of this card is the wisdom available from our intuition; the challenge is in discriminating between what is actually inner wisdom and what is ego.  For me personally, I have not found it difficult to tell the difference.  My ego always wants what will benefit me - the easier, softer way.  My intuition comes as a spiritual gift, and is other-centered rather than self-centered.  But there are times when I need to place my needs first, yet even this decision results in my ability to serve others better because I keep myself healthy and sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment