I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Connection

  From the Hezicos Tarot comes another major arcana card, the Lovers:
  
A couple, surrounded by the prolific growth of Virginia creeper, gaze into each others eyes.  In the South, this woody vine grows up everything - trees, fences, houses and telephone poles.  Wherever there is a support, it will thrive.  I am reminded by this particular card of how opposites can not only attract, but can complement each other.  My husband and I are an example; he's a procrastinator, and I'm the one who wants things finished by yesterday.  He's more of a spontaneous, "go with the flow" type guy, and I'm the one known as "the organizer."  Like the yin and yang, we balance each other by being respectful of the others opinion, thus allowing our relationship to flourish.

     The card drawn from the Way of the Horse deck today is "Language of the Breath:"
The warm breath of a horse makes a mist in the cold morning air.  The gift of this card is the ability to use one's entire body to perceive; the challenge is in learning to see with the heart.  Watch a group of horses when one picks up something is "off" - the whole herd suddenly becomes alert.  Most animals use their whole bodies as sensing and perceiving devices, not just their eyesight or their minds.  When I notice my breath coming faster, my heart rate accelerating, and my gut twisting in a knot, my body is trying to tell me to pay attention.  This response can come in other ways, such as an ache in my chest when I am around someone who is hurting.  If I try to logically sort out these "vibes," I'll probably just ignore them.  But they are my antennae into another realm of awareness if I will use them... 

No comments:

Post a Comment